Fulcrum Risk Services – Web Site Privacy Statement
- By using the Fulcrum Risk Services (Fulcrum) Web Site you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Statement and agree with and consent to the practices described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not consent to these practices you should immediately cease using the Web Site.
- The Web Site may be updated from time to time, including this Privacy Statement. Fulcrum encourages you to check this document regularly. By continuing to use this Web Site you acknowledge that you have read and understood the updated Privacy Statement and agree to be bound by it.
Privacy and Personal Information
- Fulcrum is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals' personal information. Fulcrum is bound by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) ("the Act") in relation to its management of personal information of Australian citizens and permanent residents.
- Fulcrum will only collect personal information over this Web Site and use, disclose and store that personal information in accordance with the Act and this Privacy Statement. "Personal information" means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about a person whose identity is apparent, or can be reasonably ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Collection of Information
- IP addresses are used to administer the Web Site and to diagnose problems. An IP (Internet Protocol address) is the address of a computer. We may use this information to track your session, with the information used for statistical purposes eg. numbers and frequency of visitors to the Web Site.
- When you visit the Web Site to read pages or download information, the following information may be automatically collected - the user's server address, the user's top level domain name (eg .com, .gov, .au etc), the date and time of the visit to the site, the pages accessed and documents downloaded, the previous referring site visited and the type of browser used.
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider's logs.
- This site visit data is anonymous information, aggregated for analysis, with identifiable characteristics removed: this aggregate data may be provided to other people. Recording usage patterns helps us to identify popular areas of the Web Site, and helps to improve and develop the Web Site.
Collection of Personal Information
- Fulcrum may, from time to time, collect and use personal information. The types of personal information Fulcrum collects from you depends upon how you use the Web Site. Fulcrum may collect and store any personal information which you enter into the Web Site or which relates to your use of the Web Site.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- Fulcrum will not disclose personal information about you collected through the Web Site to third parties except:
- where third parties appointed by Fulcrum require access to personal information held by Fulcrum to perform services (in these cases, Fulcrum requires these contractors to keep that personal information confidential and not to use or disclose it for any purpose other than the purpose of performing those services);
- where Fulcrum is required or authorised by law to disclose personal information, for example to law enforcement agencies; or
- with your consent.
Access to Personal Information
- You may seek access to personal information which Fulcrum holds about you and Fulcrum will provide access to that information in accordance with the Act. There are certain exemptions which may apply to the provision of that information. Fulcrum may charge an administration fee for granting access to information. To request access to personal information, contact us at the address set out below.
Other Web Sites
- This Web Site contains links to other sites. With the exception of other sites owned by Fulcrum, Fulcrum does not control the privacy practices or policies of sites reached through links from this Web Site. If you have any questions about the privacy practices and policies of those sites then you should contact the companies controlling those sites directly.
- If you have any questions or concerns about Fulcrum's collection, use or disclosure of personal information,
- This Web Site has been prepared by agents employed by Fulcrum Risk Services. All images and text remain the sole property of Fulcrum Risk Services. Materials, including pages and on-line images, are protected by the Copyright Laws of Australia. All rights are reserved.
- You may retrieve material from this Web Site for information purposes only. You may save a local copy or send it to your printer for your own personal use or in order to inform authorised and potential users about the Fulcrum materials.
- Permission to otherwise use or distribute any component of this Web Site must be obtained from Fulcrum Risk Services Pty Limited in writing prior to use.
- Fulcrum Risk Services reserves the right to pursue legal action against any person or persons using any component or image from this Web Site without their written permission.
© Fulcrum Risk Services. 2007. All rights reserved.